FISCAL MANAGEMENT (Rules and Budget Preparation)
School Based Management Fund
The School Based Management Fund or SMBF is the total budget allocated by the Division Office to a school for a given school year from the regular DepEd MOOE and from other DepEd Sources
Other Sources of Fund
1. The Special Education Fund (SEF) from the Local School Board.
2. Allocations from the 20% barangay social development fund and from the Sangguniang Kabataan.
3. Parents-Teachers-Community Association (PTCA) Contributions
4. Donations from alumni and other private sources
5. School Income-Generating Projects.
Flow of SMB Fund Management in School
1. Preparation of School Operating Budget
- identify school physical targets based on thrusts and priorities aligned to the division targets and priorities such as student assessment, instructional material, teacher training, materials and supplies for school operations and other equipment needed.
- Prepare the School Operating Budget (SOB) based on the School Improvement Plan (SIP) and Annual Implementation Plan (AIP).
- Submit the SOB to the Division Office together with the SIP and AIP for the review of Division Superintendent together with the Division Supervisor and Finance Officer.
- Prepare the Monthly Cash Program based on the SOB approved by the Division Office
2. Implement the School Operating Budget
3. Disburse funds from the approved activities.
4. Monitoring and Reporting
For more information about the Procurement review RA 9184 or the Government Procurement Reform Act.